Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My! how my shopping cart has changed

I chuckled today as Ed and I were in the check-out line at Rural King in Shelbyville. We had stopped in to pick up some orange flagging tape and some mouse traps.


By the time we finished shopping our cart held the following items:
  • 2 bales of straw for mulching my strawberries and garlic
  • 4 tee posts for anchoring our new trees against the wind
  • 1 garden hose to cut into pieces to use as a collar around the new trees 
  • A coil of tie wire to run through the hose and anchor to the tee posts
  • 2 rolls of flagging tape to remark all our tree seedlings so we don't run over them with the mower
  • a 21" bow saw to use when we get the chainsaw stuck halfway through a large limb and need to cut it out
  • 1 pair of brown work socks (for my Christmas stocking)
  • 1 can of terminal protector -- not sure what this is for: I think the battery terminals in the Polaris
  • 2 gallons of distilled water for capping off the Polaris batteries
  • 6 mouse traps, self explanatory
  • 1 sharpie marker to mark the contents of freezer containers
  • 5 lbs of tobacco bale twine for wrapping Christmas gifts.


When we lived in town, I used to head into Target for laundry detergent and come out with unscented candles, running shorts, cute shoes, birthday cards, cocktail napkins, nail polish, and coordinating desk accessories. My! how my life shopping cart has changed....

No comments:

Post a Comment