Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Capturing memories

Amy Pinney (Nate's sister) married Nathan Hirtzel last weekend in Columbus, IN. Hazel was a flower girl and Norbert was a ring bearer. The wedding was lovely, but it is not really my story to tell. I'll leave that to Amy and Nathan. 

I snapped a few photos of the kids and posted them last Sunday to an Instagram story. I post all kinds of photos to stories; mostly flowers and food. I find the photos fun to take and hope they are mildly entertaining. I think of them as unfiltered glimpses into daily life. But here's the thing about "stories": they are ephemeral, disappearing after 24 hours. I'm never sad when the time is up and they evaporate…that is until Monday afternoon. Poof, just like that, the photos of Hazel and Norbert were gone. Yes, they are still on my computer, along with 16,000+ other photos that may never again be looked at. 

My blog and regular Instagram posts are how I document my life. The photos are evidence of moments that might otherwise fade from my memory over time. At least a couple of times a week, I'll refer back to a post to verify the details of a day now long past.

So, in an effort to restore the memory of this special weekend, I'm reposting some of the photos here. So five, or ten, or twenty years from now -- or maybe just next week -- I can conjure up the time when Hazel and Norbert were asked to be such a special part of Amy's and Nathan's wedding.

If you have already seen this photos in my Instagram stories, just ignore these photos. They are here just for my sake. 

Our only responsibilities were to see that Norbert took a good nap...

had something to eat...

and wore the designated pants, shirt and shoes.

My boys, looking dapper,

Ed offering some last minute advice to the ring bearer.

Ready.

Making sure that Norbert was ready.

The beautiful bride and her beautiful family.





No comments:

Post a Comment