Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Something new at fish camp

This spring marked the 20th year that we have gone fishing at The Juniper Club, on the Silver Glen of Lake George, just east of Ocala, FL. I've written about this special place on a number of occasions: here, here, here and here.


And, because almost nothing ever changes (except maybe the weather), I don't have anything new to report. Except for one thing...


Meet Caroline, Juniper's youngest fisherperson. Even though she has red hair, I can't claim her as my own. She is the first granddaughter of our friends, Jackie and Paul; and daughter of Katie and Andrew. I'm pretty sure she had a blast at camp; I know we loved having her there. She fished. She swam at the Boil. She ate cheese grits and blueberries at breakfast. She even peered at fish through the glass-bottom boat at Silver Springs.

Mom and daughter
Reading a book with "Babby" and Ed
Out for a boat ride with Aunt Claire and her dad. 


Getting a ride on mom's shoulders and attention from "Pa"
Constantly in a good mood and happy to be passed from camper to camper, Caroline represents the fourth generation of her family to catch the Juniper Spirit. I'm hoping next year an anticipated sibling and a new cousin will join her at Spring Break camp. Then maybe, just maybe, there will be enough babies to share. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment