Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Are You Afraid Of?

When Ed and I talked about what our next blog post would be about he said: I've been thinking about writing one on change. That's funny, I responded because I was thinking the same. (That's what happens when you've been married for 25 years: you start to look and think alike.)

So, from Ed, some thoughts on change...

Welcome to 2011 and all that may entail. Every new year promises its own special changes, but this year will bring a real one for us. We're definitely headed in a different direction.

As they used to say in Guffie: If you don't change your direction, you're liable to end up where you're headed.  So we've changed our direction and are headed to the country.

2010: Goodbye "coat and tie." 2011: Hello "muck boots and overalls."
Debbie and I have fantasized and joked about going to the country for years.  In two months we'll be taking a right turn down a gravel road. This promises a profound change in our lives, some of which I'm sure we can't imagine. I expect that not all will be pleasant. But the fat's in the fire now and we're going. Any way, Bill and Judy want their house back.

It's the fear of change, not the change itself that gets you – I hope. Check in next year and see how we did.

And so on and so forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment