Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just a Wish and a List

Ten years ago Ed surprised me with a weekend away. Before we got 10 miles out of town, I pulled out a pad of paper and informed him that I (someday) wanted to live on a farm (with him). Not really much to my surprise, he acknowledged that he too would like to live on a farm. When I asked him how he envisioned the farm, all he said was: "I want a place to watch the sun come up, or go down. Oh, and maybe a place to fish."




I, on the other hand, had a much longer list. I wished for:
A willow tree...





A big vegetable garden...



An outdoor shower...



A table for 12...




and a guest cottage...




And we left it at that. For years, the list stayed on my computer and slowly grew and grew and grew until we figured we better do something about it. And so, we did.










No comments:

Post a Comment