Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life Goes On...


Jack leaves for China very early Wednesday morning, for his next year-long teaching assignment. And Mary came home from Lexington last week and announced that she was heading to New York City to seek her fortune.

It's about to get very quiet around here.

You would think I'd get used to my children coming and going around the world. They do it often. I'm proud of them and supportive of their adventures – but with each going my heart hurts a bit. (Okay, actually it hurts a lot.)

I like it when they are close by. I like them coming out to the farm, even if it is just to check on bee hives, for dinner, or to do their laundry.

The up-side is that both Jack and Mary are off to wonderful places – places that will be great fun for Ed and me to visit. And fortunately, Maggie and Nate are just down the road in Louisville, making visits easy and often.


No comments:

Post a Comment