Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Double the Pleasure; Double the Fun

Last Friday night my twin nieces came for a sleepover at Farm Dover. Their two older sisters were off in Lexington competing in a horse event. We were delighted to have them visit.

While I finished up a project, Katie and Molly set to work in the kitchen. They prepared a beautiful poached salmon salad with beets, potato, egg and mustard vinaigrette.


Dessert was a pavlova sprinkled with elderflowers blossoms.


I wish I had them working away in my kitchen everyday. They are so talented and so fun to be around.

After dinner we watched one of our kids' favorite movies: Life is Beautiful, in Italian no less (with English subtitles).

Saturday morning we were up and out early, headed to pick blueberries at Earthwave Farm and then to a quick swing through the LaGrange Farmers' Market.


Perhaps my readers of a certain age will remember the Doublemint Chewing Gum ads of the 1970s and '80s that featured twins and the slogan: Double your pleasure; double your fun. That's what Ed and I felt like all weekend with Molly and Katie around. It was doubly nice having them here. Hope they come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment