Saturday, April 28, 2012

Road Trip - Part 1

Maggie signed up for a bee-keeping course in Floyd, VA and I signed up as her travel companion. We left Farm Dover early on Friday afternoon and arrived in the tiny town of Floyd, located on the crest of the Blue Ridge, just after dark. It was a pretty spring night and every person in town (population 432) plus a bunch of other people all showed up at the Floyd Country Store for the Friday Night Jamboree, which features local and area Bluegrass bands. We ducked into a jazz bar next door for a craft beer and asparagus pizza before heading to Ambrosia Farm Bed & Breakfast.

This morning I dropped Maggie off at the Floyd Country Store for her class and I headed out to explore the town. I'll let you know what I find...





No comments:

Post a Comment