Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One more reason not to have to drive into town

I love being out here on Farm Dover and grumble a bit whenever I have to leave. I don't mind going as far as Shelbyville, LaGrange or Foxhollow Farm. So imagine my delight when we found our favorite chocolate bark at Foxhollow Farm Store.


Just this past week they started carrying Cellar Door's Sea Salt Almond Bark. We discovered this handcrafted gourmet confection a year ago at Cellar Door Chocolate's Butchertown shop. Since then, we have gone out of our way to pick up a bar (or two or three). I'm sure all the decadent and delectable delights from this artisan candy maker are delicious. But we just can't seem to move beyond this bar. It is the perfect combination of quality dark chocolate and salty, crunchy almonds.

So, if you haven't tried it, head to Cellar Door in the Butchertown Market or take a drive out to Foxhollow Farm Store* on Covered Bridge Road and pick up a bar. While  you are there, you might as well enjoy the best hamburger ever, grilled to order by none other than Maggie Galloway.


*The Foxhollow Farm Store is open every Saturday 10am to 5pm throughout the Winter. They serve burgers cooked-to-order and a seasonal soup from 11am to 3pm.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie,
    I just watched your talk on Metro TV and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.
    I am a beginning gardener this year, trying some veggies in containers that I started from seed. Wish me luck!
    I have been scrolling back thru your posts and enjoying them. I might even try that fruitcake this Christmas.
    I look forward to reading more and learning a bit about country life. Thanks for sharing!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging comment. I'm having a blast with our new country life and enjoy blogging about it. Good luck with your gardening efforts. I'm hoping to get some cabbage plants in the ground this weekend and maybe tomatoes next week.

    ReplyDelete