Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hunkering Down

I love the New Year's holiday. Lots of lazy time to hunker down, cook and read Christmas-gift books. Just finished Maggie's gift of Made from Scratch by Jenna Woginrich. I feel like I know the author already as I am a fan of her website: Cold Antler Farm. Jenna is a 20-something woman who documents the pleasures of a handmade life. Her book and her website are part memoir, part how-to manual. She covers everything from planting a vegetable garden to beekeeping, to sheep herding to knitting to fiddle playing. I admire her spunk and her willingness to take on new tasks. I hope I can muster the same.

Thought you might enjoy seeing signs of progress at the farm.

Recent rains are slowing filling up the ice rink pond.
The covered-porch fireplace stonework is now complete.
The heat is on (literally). Trim carpenters are starting on the inside bookshelves and bunk beds next week. And it won't be too long before the oak floors are laid. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment