- I dug up two carrots.
- Untangled two cucumbers from the climbing vine.
- Snipped off two tiny zuchinni and four tiny patty pan squash.
- Harvested the first of the cherry tomatoes.
- Pried one shallot from the earth.
- Gathered a handful of basil, dill and parsley.
Came back in and dumped the pasta into the salted boiling water. Mixed together some white wine vinegar, olive oil, a bit of honey and some salt and pepper. And then began chopping my way through my harvest.
Ten minutes later, the pasta was al dente. I found a few crumbles of feta cheese in the fridge and added them to a bit of the pasta water to make a sauce. I divided the pasta between our two bowls. Then added the chopped vegetables and poured the vinaigrette on top.
Voila. Lunch was ready just as Ed pulled back in the drive.