Monday, November 18, 2013

Weather Report

I woke up Saturday night to hear the rain pounding down on our metal roof. I fell back asleep and when I awoke on Sunday morning, it was still coming down. I didn't make my usual morning walk as the rain was still happening. On the way to town Sunday morning, we found the creek water was up over Dover Road and nearby fields were unindated.


When we got home I changed from my church clothes to my walking clothes and waited for the rain to let up. A couple of times I headed out the door, only to get to the drive and find it still raining. I never got my walk in (although I know it wouldn't have killed me to walk in the rain).

This morning when I headed out for my walk, I stopped by the garden to check the rain gauge: 3.25 inches. That's a lot of rain. The trails this morning were mushy, oozing mud where moles had tunneled. But today, the sky was blue and the sun was shining. And that's my weather report.



No comments:

Post a Comment