Sunday, June 2, 2013

Holy Bat Box!

As a child in the 60s I'm embarrassed to admit that I spent far too many hours sitting in front of a black-and-white TV watching episode after episode of Batman. I thought Batman's side-kick Robin was rather cute and I loved it when he said wacky things like "Holy Amardillo" or "Holy Bikini" or "Holy Fruit Salad." If Batman and Robin came driving up our gravel road in their Batmobile, Robin would surely declare: "Holy Bat Box" when they see the latest edition to Farm Dover.


Ed and I spotted this nifty bat box while we shopped at Rural King last week. This bat house is designed to hold 20-25 brown bats, which can easily catch over 20,000 insects each night. Each bat can consume half its weight in insects each night. Pretty impressive insect control if you ask me.



No comments:

Post a Comment